Looking for ways to save time and reduce the costs associated with deploying, servicing, and supporting Windows 10? Join us for a one-hour Windows Analytics "Ask Microsoft Anything" (AMA) event on Tuesday, September 19th from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
Windows Analytics is a set of solutions that run on Operations Management Suite, and that use telemetry data from the devices in your organization to help you gain valuable insight into the current state of your environment. During our one-hour AMA, members of the engineering and product teams will be standing by to answer your questions about, listen to your feedback on, and help you figure out how to best use Windows Analytics solutions, which include:
- Upgrade Readiness – Formerly known as Upgrade Analytics, Upgrade Readiness identifies compatibility issues that can block an upgrade to Windows 10, and suggests fixes when they are known to Microsoft. Upgrade Readiness walks you through the discovery and rationalization process until you have a list of computers that are ready to be upgraded.
- Update Compliance – Currently available as a public preview, Update Compliance provides a unified view of Windows Update and Windows Defender Antivirus compliance for all the Windows 10 devices in your organization, regardless of what management solution you use. This enables you to keep devices secure and up-to-date, track protection and threat status, monitor the status of update deployments, and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Device Health – Also available as a public preview, Device Health helps you detect and remediate end-user impacting issues, such as devices that crash frequently or drivers that are causing device crashes. Additional features will be added soon.
What is an AMA?
An AMA is a live, online, text-based question-and-answer event similar to a "YamJam" on Yammer or an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit.
I’d like to participate. What do I need to do?
Add the event to your calendar and join us live on Tuesday, September 19th in the Windows 10 space in the Windows 10 Tech Community. At 9:00 a.m., we'll open the space for questions. To submit a question, you'll click "Start a new conversation"—and do this for each new question you have.
Note: You must be a member of Tech Community to post questions.
If you’re not yet a member, follow these quick steps to join:
- Visit http://aka.ms/community/Windows10 and click Sign In in the top right corner.
- Sign in with the account you want to use to participate in the community. You can use an organization account (Azure AD or Office 365) or a Microsoft account.
- Join the Windows 10 community, as well as any other communities that spark your interest.
- If you are using your Azure or Office 365 account to sign in, enter the organization ID (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) associated with your Azure or Office 365 account.
- Accept the Terms of Service and hit Submit.
- (Optional) Complete your profile. Click the avatar symbol in the top right corner and select My Settings – Complete Profile.
Tip: Make the Windows 10 space a favorite now for easy access on the day of the event.
I can’t attend at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time. Are there any other options?
Yes! While we’ll only be answering questions in real time from 9:00-10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, you can post your questions for the AMA to the Windows 10 space in the Windows 10 Tech Community up to 24 hours in advance. Just make sure you add a tag for “Windows Analytics AMA” so that we can find your questions and identify them easily.
Continue the conversation. Find best practices. Visit the Windows 10 Tech Community.
Looking for support? Visit the Windows 10 IT pro forums.