Today’s post is designed to help you start your journey towards the modern management of Windows devices in your enterprise IT environment.
Earlier this year, we shared our vision for “modern management” for Windows 10, in which organizations can manage Windows 10 devices of any form factor – PC, tablet, phone, HoloLens, Surface Hub etc. – in the same manner as the rest of the mobile devices in their environment.
- Using mobile device management (MDM), organizations can more easily manage Windows devices, regardless of whether they are on the corporate network or not. Managing through MDM also helps address today’s more common issues. There are more mobile workers—many of whom don’t work out of a corporate office.
- Users want the flexibility to use their own personal devices.
- IT pros are challenged with the task of managing devices in a mobile-focused, mixed-use device environment while maintaining productivity for users, protecting corporate assets, and keeping costs low.
It is very easy to get started managing Windows devices from the cloud. The integration of Azure Active Directory and Windows 10 enables automatic enrollment into Microsoft Intune or other MDM solutions, helping IT pros embrace modern management techniques while creating a better user experience.
Get started with modern management
For a quick overview of the Windows 10 modern management strategy, check out this video on Microsoft Mechanics.
We are continuing to invest in the management capabilities in Windows 10 to make them more effective for all device types, including PCs. Stay tuned for more information on what’s coming up in the Windows 10 Creators Update and beyond!
You can also familiarize yourself with the Windows 10 modern management strategy—and start planning the move to modern management in your organization with these resources:
- Manage corporate devices – Everything you need to know about modern management for Windows 10
- Windows 10 and Azure Active Directory: Embracing the Cloud – A summary of the new capabilities that enable Windows 10 to leverage Active Directory
- Windows 10, Azure AD and Microsoft Intune: Automatic MDM enrollment powered by the cloud! – Quick guide to configuring automatic MDM enrollment