Hello there, if you missed my tweet post on Friday about the new Cumulative Update 1 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Sp1, here is a quick link and recap on it. After the hotfix information, I capture some of the screenshots of this fix on my lab.
You can download the CU1 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Sp1 from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817245/en-us?sd=rss&spid=1060:Description
Some of the issues that are fixed on this release:
· A Discovery Data Record (DDR) that contains organizational unit (OU) paths that are longer than 220 characters are not processed. The DDM.log file on the site server contains event messages that resemble the following:
CDiscoverySource::ValidateSchema – array property User OU Name cannot expand size so rejecting.
CDiscoverDataManager::ProcessDDRs – Unable to update data source
· The Allow clients to use a fallback source location for content option is missing from the Distribution Points tab of the package properties.
· Replication Configuration Manager incorrectly reports the link status as Degraded and then reports the status as Active one minute later.
· Site replication fails after a site database is restored to a new server. Additionally, the Rcmctrl.log file contains the following error message:
ERROR: Received unhandled SQL exception, printing info and throwing it again. This will be retried in next cycle.
SqlException number: 
ERROR: Exception message: [Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int.~~The ‘spGetChangeTrackingMinValidVersion’ procedure attempted to return a status of NULL, which is not allowed. A status of 0 will be returned instead.]
· The Configuration Manager client cannot be installed on devices that contain newer ARM processors. Additionally, the following error message is logged in the DmClientSetup log file:
Fail to get the CAB file name because of unsupported processor type: 0
· The Allow clients to share content with other clients on the same subnet option in the properties of a Software Update Group Deployment is ignored. Additionally, the DataTransferService.log file contains the following message:
Not using branch cache option.
· When a custom port is configured for software updates, an Internet only client may append the custom port to the URL for the Windows Update service. Additionally, when the custom port is set to 880, log entries that resemble the following may be logged in the DataTransferService.log file:
UpdateURLWithTransportSettings(): OLD URL – http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update.cab
UpdateURLWithTransportSettings(): NEW URL – http://download.windowsupdate.com:880/msdownload/update.cab
· The Schedule Updates Wizard does not list content for Windows Server 2012. For more information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
FIX: The Schedule Updates Wizard does not list content for Windows Server 2012 in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
· The MicrosoftPolicyPlatformSetup.msi file is now correctly signed.
· The selection of multiple targeted applications in Software Center will fail if the calendar region is set to Arabic (Saudi Arabia). Additionally, Software Center displays the following error message:
Software Center cannot be loaded. There is a problem loading the required components for Software Center. You can try launching Software Center at a later time. If the problem continues, you can contact your helpdesk.
· The hardware inventory on a computer that is running a 32-bit version of Windows Server 2003 R2 may cause the Wmiprvse.exe process to exit unexpectedly. Additionally, when you view the results of the fault, the details of the fault resemble the following:
Faulting application wmiprvse.exe, version 5.2.3790.4455, faulting module msvcr90.dll, version 9.0.30729.6161, fault address 0x00056b1d
· PXE support is added for IA-32 EFI computers.
You can read more on the link about this new hotfix, now I will be installing this on my lab to test it out. Always test in Q/A before releasing this type of fixes to production.
Download the file from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817245/en-us?sd=rss&spid=1060:Description
Then extract the 461035_enu_x64_zip into a temp folder:
Then click on ConfigMgr2012-SP1-CU1-KB2817245-X64-ENU.exe
Going through the wizard is self-explanatory, I won’t write details under each screenshot unless I feel is important to highlight something on them.
Validate that you have perform a ConfigMgr Backup or SQL Backup before executing this part of the CU.
If you don’t want to perform the database update as part of these process, you can read how to manually update the database by executing update.sql.
Read more at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=234841
The update took about 15 minutes for my CAS, I will not perform the same on each of my primary sites.
There are also several PowerShell updates on this new hotfix, if you want to take a look at them for a full list of details on this update again check http://support.microsoft.com/KB/2817245.
Are you interested on more PowerShell?
Check out my one of my fellow PFE Neil Peterson on his new Blog post about ADD-CMDistributionPoint CMDLET: http://blogs.technet.com/b/neilp/archive/2013/03/23/at-long-last-add-cmdistributionpoint-powershell-cmdlet-included-in-configuration-manager-sp1-cu1.aspx