If you've subscribed to the Surface IT Pro Bulletin newsletter, you'll already know that we've just released new driver and firmware updates for Surface Book to Windows Update on 18 November (If you're not currently subscribed, you can sign up using the form in the Stay Informed section of the Surface IT Center). These updates include new drivers and firmware for NVIDIA GeForce GPU, Intel (R) Precise Touch Device, and Surface UEFI that improve system stability and reduce false touch events when the device is closed. These driver and firmware updates are also now available for download from the Surface Book Drivers and Firmware page in the Microsoft Download Center.
The updates are available both in ZIP and MSI format. Click Download and select one or both of the following files, according to the format that fits your needs:
For your reference, here is a full list of the driver versions that are updated in this release and the improvements they provide:
- Intel(R) Precise Touch Device (v184.108.40.206) reduces false touch events when the device is closed.
- Surface Embedded Controller Firmware (v90.1277.256.0) adds support for upcoming product release.
- Surface System Aggregator Firmware (v90.1335.257.0) adds support for upcoming product release.
- Surface UEFI (v90.1380.768.0) improves system stability and adds support for an upcoming product release.
- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter (v15.68.9046.79) adds support for upcoming product release.
- Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller (v15.68.9046.79) adds support for upcoming product release.
- NVIDIA GeForce GPU (v220.127.116.1161) improves system stability and improves pen performance in some applications.
- Surface Base Firmware Update (v18.104.22.168) improves keyboard reliability when the device resumes operation from sleep.
- Surface DTX (v1.3.542.0) improves clipboard and keyboard interoperability.