Hi everyone! We are delighted to announce the availability of System Center 2016 Service Manager. This new release of Service Manager contains a wide array of additions & improvements- its faster, provides better usability, and comes with many new features.
When we talk about performance, this release of Service Manager is a big leap from its predecessor. This release offers enhanced performance across all areas of the product, including Work Item creation, Workflow runtime, and Connector sync time.
Here is a quick glimpse of what we have found in our testing (in comparison with Service Manager in System Center 2012 R2):
You can read about details of these comparisons here.
In addition to the significant performance enhancements, there are also several new features to enhance your experience with System Center 2016 Service Manager:
- Data Warehouse cubes now contain new date dimensions which can help in creating rich reports and slice data based on Year, Quarter, Month, Day etc.
- New HTML based Self Service Portal, which offers many new features with easy to navigate modern UI and multi browser support.
- Support for .Net framework 4.5.1, which expands the possibilities for developing solutions on Service Manager platform.
- Console forms now contain out-of-the-box spell check support, to make life of the help desk analysts a little easier.
- A new console task – Open Activity in Progress, makes it easier to analyse the currently in progress activities without needing to dig for them inside the Service Request or Change Request forms.
- Service Manager now supports integration with Lync 2013 and Skype for Business in Microsoft Office suite 2013 and 2016, which helps to contact a user from an Incident form. Note: Lync versions earlier to 2013 are not supported.
All these new features and other performance and usability enhancements are now available in System Center 2016 Service Manager. You can read more about them in detail from in the What’s New in Service Manager documentation. Also, feel free to use the comment section to share your feedback and suggestions. We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Get started now! Download System Center 2016.