*** UR3 for Service Manager 2012 R2 is now available. You can download it here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2962041 ***
Hi folks, the next update rollup (UR 3) for Service Manager is scheduled to be available on the Download Center on the 29th of July. This UR has a total of 8 fixes spanning console usability issues, a couple of OMCI and SCCM connector fixes, and some improvements in the SDK and in core services for a more reliable Service Manager experience.
This UR is targeted for SM 2012 R2 only. That said, we do have a general distribution fix for SM 2012 SP1 to address the SCCM connector regression (issue 8 below) introduced in the last UR in the works, you can read more on it here. The public fix for SP1 is expected to be available on the Download Center towards the end of this month, around the same time as the UR.
Here’s the full list of fixes:
1. Operations Manager CI Connector does not retrieve disk mount point information.In SM logical disk data is empty for all servers. In In OM > Discovered Inventory > you can see instances of disk drives in the Windows Server 2008 Logical Disk class. When OMCI connector pulls this information into SCSM and you try and view the appropriate computer CI, the drives are viewed as hardware on the computer but no size information is present. In essence the OM CI connector successfully synchronizes instances of discovered mount point disk, but does not pull all properties of the mounted disk
2. Request offering in console shows all list options. When creating a Service Request from a Request Offering in the console, for every user prompt with prompt type Simple List, the console shows options from all simple lists in each user prompts.
3. Customized Change Requests cannot be closed.When trying to close a customized Change Request – the task throws an error and the close is not actioned.
4. Better event logging for MPSync failures.MPSync job failures logged to the event log do not contain enough information to enable quick diagnosis of the problem
5. All Service Manager workflows may stall when any invalid XML characters (control characters) are used in a work item property. This was a high impact bug introduced in R2, we immediately made a private hotfix available to CSS to provide relief.
6. “Private” property for an analyst comment has an undefined state. The Using the “Set First Response or Comment” Task in n service request creates a “Private” flag which can’t be used for evaluation in a notification action log/user comment update due to its undefined.
7. The Health Service stays unavailable after database outage.If the CMDB is down (offline/unable to connect/network issues) at the time that the HealthService has been restarted, and it continues to be offline for an extended period of time, the HealthService may get into an unrecoverable state even if the DB is later back up again.
8. SCCM connector synchronization may stop after applying Service Manager 2012 SP1 UR2 or Service Manager 2012 R2 UR6. This happens when the SCCM connector tries to synchronize malformed / incomplete software version information from their SCCM database.