Update: April 26, 2013 – Exchange Connector 3.0 RTM has been released now and is officially supported:
At long last the Exchange Connector 3.0 RC is released! I’ve made quite a few improvements in this release.
The Exchange Connector 3.0 release is compatible only with System Center 2012 – Service Manager
Feature Summary: . It contains bug fixes and still has the original set of features including:
- Create incident from email
- Update incident action log from email
- Resolve or close incidents from email
- Approve/reject change requests from email
- Update change request “action log” from email
- Mark manual activities completed from email
- Add email file attachment to work items as attachments
- Send notifications to users from the console
New features include:
- Support for impersonation so you can now have multiple Exchange connectors monitoring different mailboxes each with their own unique configuration
- Each user in the To/CC of each email is added as a Related configuration item to the work item
- Can monitor a mailbox on an Office 365 Exchange server
- The Exchange Web Service URL to connect to can be configured instead of relying on auto discovery
- Works with service requests
- Any kind of work item can be created from a template – incident, service request, etc.
- Update problem records
- Much more detailed logging
- Detailed event log logging is turned off by default
- The email itself can be optionally added as an attachment to the work item
Please keep in mind that the Exchange connector is still not officially supported by Microsoft.
This RC release has been tested by TAP customers and is currently used in production by our internal operations team MPSD. You may still encounter some bugs. If you have any questions or issues with it please post them on the forums. I’ll monitor the threads and see what I can do to help.
We do plan to include the Exchange connector out of the box in the next version of System Center so that it will be fully supported by Microsoft.
You can get the new Exchange Connector 3.0 RC version here:
Update May 9th 2012: Looks like the location to download the Exchange web service client library assembly from might have moved. You can get it from here: