Get your STEK (not steak)! The Service Template Example Kit is now available on the TechNet Gallery.
This set of System Center 2012 SP1 – Virtual Machine Manager service templates provide the necessary base for which you can create deployable and serviceable services for development or production. This gives fast deployment capabilities of development labs, line of business services and other custom applications.
In the downloaded compressed folder are the following files:
• 1-tier Single Server.Base v1.xml –Service Template of a single WS 2012 Data Center Server with no customizations. This is deployable.
• 1-tier Scalable Web Server.Base v1.xml – Service Template of a scalable WS 2012 Data Center web server. Includes features and roles for hosting basic .NET 4.5 web applications and NLB based load balancing.
• 2-tier Scalable Web Server w SQL.Base v1.xml – Based on the 1 tier scalable web application template with the addition of a SQL 2012 database tier.
• 3-tier Scalable Web Server w SQL.Base v1.xml – Based on the 2 tier scalable web application template with the addition of a middle web tier that is not scalable to act as a web service middle tier server.
• Standard_ScriptsStandard04062013.cr – Custom resource folder that includes all the stand scripts used by the above templates.