Planning the next generation of technical infrastructure for corporations can be a complex and daunting task. The success of any infrastructure is measured in how well the design choices match business objectives. Although plenty of product documentation is available, it can be difficult to find guidance on how to appropriately plan the core infrastructure for an organization. The Infrastructure Planning and Design series is designed to present the technical decision maker with the most concise planning guidance for Microsoft technologies. It also provides a means to validate design decisions to ensure that the selected solution meets the requirements of both business and IT stakeholders.
The IPD documents are designed to be used by the following IT personnel:
· Infrastructure planners and architects who have a firm operational grasp of the technology.
· Partners and consultants who design infrastructure solutions.
· Business managers who wish to understand how the technology decisions being made both support and affect the business.
Tell your peers about IPD guides! Please forward this mail to anyone who wants to learn more about Infrastructure Planning and Design guides.
Subscribe to this beta program and we will notify you when new beta guides become available for your review and feedback. They are open beta downloads. If you are already a member of the IPD beta program, you can go here when new guides are released: https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=6556&SiteID=14
If you are not already a member of the IPD beta program and would like to join, follow these steps:
1. Go here to join the IPD beta program:
If the link does not work for you, copy and paste it into the Web browser address bar.
2. Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID.
3. Enter your registration information.
4. Continue to the IPD beta program page, scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design, and click the link to join the IPD beta program.
Stay tuned for other System Center 2012 guides releasing for beta feedback!