This article provides an overview of the new Lync Server support options for Lync Server customers and Lync Certified Support Partners.
Author: Mayank Verma, Senior Partner Marketing Manager, Lync Business Group, Skype Division
Published: June 2, 2013
Product version: Lync Server 2013, Lync Server 2010
Microsoft Lync Customers Support Options
Microsoft Lync customers can now get support options that best meet their capability and serviceability requirements.
Lync customers can choose from a variety of support options depending on their Lync environment, lifecycle, organizational capabilities and level of support services:
- Standard Lync product support under Premier Support Services.
- Advanced Lync product support, under a new enhanced solution package, Premier Support for Lync, for enterprise-class customers with deep technical investments in internal support mechanisms.
- End-to-end Lync solution support, which can be optimized to meet customer requirements, offered by Lync Certified Support Partners.
Microsoft Partner Network Partners Support Options
Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) Communications Competency partners now have the following Lync support options, which give them the flexibility and resources they need to grow their end-to-end Lync solution support business and create differentiated offerings in the market.
- Premier Support for Partners is a standard offering that enables Silver and Gold competency partners to get Lync product support on an hourly price model under the standard Premier contracting guidelines.
- Premier Support for Lync Partners is an enhanced product support offering that enables certified Gold Communications competency partners to get direct access to Lync escalation engineers and optional proactive services on an hourly price model under the standard Premier contracting guidelines.
Lync Certified Support Partners should continue working with their Microsoft partner teams to ensure that they are current on certification and accurately listed on the Microsoft TechNet webpage. We will have more information on partner opportunities and programs during the Lync sessions at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2013, July 7-11, in Houston, TX.
About the Author
Mayank Verma is a Senior Partner Marketing Manager in the Lync Business Group of the Skype Division. He is responsible for the Lync partner strategy and Lync partner programs, such as Premier Support for Lync Partners and the overall go-to-market strategy with Global System Integrators and Microsoft Alliance partners. He holds a MBA from Vanderbilt University and an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from India.
- Microsoft Lync Certified Support Partners
- Microsoft Premier Support for LyncPartners: Certification Process & Requirements
Lync Server Resources
We Want to Hear from You
Keywords: Lync Support, Premier Support for Lync Partners, PSLP, Lync Certified Support Partners, Premier Support for Lync, Enhanced Lync Support