Author: Rob Pittfield
Publication date: January 2009
Product version: Office Communications Server 2007 R2
RTManage.exe is a tool you can use to manually update the Roundtable device without requiring the OCS Software Update Server. Once you download and install the tool, the usage is via the command line. All you need to do is connect the device via a USB cable to your machine and you should be able to update it via this tool.
There are three main types of commands you can use when running the tool:
- Image mode (uses the -img switch) - Used to update the operating system or boot loader or download a new configuration.
- Diagnotsic mode (uses the -diag switch) - used to run diagnostic commands and potentially send diagnostic logs to the update server
- Configuration mode (uses the -cfg switch) - used for a variety of purposes, including resetting the password, setting the device time, and uploading a device configuration to the image update server.
The commands to update the device:
- For the boot loader - rtmanage.exe -m:img -i:EBOOT -f:<file path to CPUEBOOT.bin> -s:<file path to CPPUEBOOT.cat>
- For the nk.bin - rtmanage.exe -m:img -i:nk -f:<file path to nk.bin> -s:<file path to nk.cat>
There are also XML files you can edit to modify lots of settings for the device such as Room Settings, Network Settings, Time Settings, LCD Display Settings, Telephony Settings, Pre-Programmed Speed Dial information, Software Update Settings, Logging Settings, Power Management Settings, and more. You can apply these settings via the configuration mode switches. See the Roundtable deployment guide for additional details.
Additional Roundtable links:
Lync Server Resources
- Lync Server 2010 documentation in the TechNet Library
- DrRez blog
- Lync Server and Communications Server resources