A beta of the native Exchange 2007 Management Pack is now available. To
request access to the Management Pack, send a mail to email@example.com.
The Management Pack is currently scheduled to release during Q2 of this year.
We appreciate your feedback.
The following features are new or updated in this release of the Exchange
Server 2007 Beta Management Pack:
- Equivalent Monitoring Coverage. This beta management pack covers the same
core set of rules and monitors as the previously released converted Exchange
Server 2007 Management Pack.
- Support for monitoring any number of Exchange Organizations using a single
Management Group. There are no specific requirements imposed by this
management pack for monitoring multiple Exchange Organizations.
- Full support for clustered configurations and Log Shipping scenarios.
- An extensive class model, showing the relevant Exchange 2007 Server Roles
and components, as well as service-centric components, allowing you to
measure availability or performance at the desired level of granularity. It
also fully supports the Distributed Application Designer, allowing you to
create custom Distributed Applications using the appropriate Exchange 2007
- Improved Low-privilege support. This management pack supports installing
the agent with the minimum rights required by the Operations Manager Agent.
This also enables the user to install the management pack in certain System
Center Essentials scenarios
- Improved Tasks. The management pack includes a number of tasks that
simplify troubleshooting and alert resolution times.
- Improved Topology Discovery. This management pack introduces a number of
improvements to topology discovery.
- Improved Synthetic Transactions. This management pack improves the support
for the Exchange 2007 synthetic transactions in several ways:
- All Synthetic Transactions that involve several Exchange servers (such as
remote mail flow tests or Outlook Web Access (OWA) tests) are represented as
Operations Manager perspectives that change state and can be shown in a
state view. This makes it easier for an operator to quickly zoom in on a
potential Mail Flow issue for example.
- The management pack supports a number of mail flow transaction types,
including local, intra-site, inter-site, cross-organization and internet.
- Discovery of Exchange 2007 Server Roles are disabled by default, and no
Exchange 2007 monitoring is applied by default. This allows you to discover
and monitor your servers gradually, as well as tune the management pack as
you bring more Agent-Managed Exchange 2007 servers into the Operations