We are excited to announce that beginning April, Company Portal users will be able to upload Intune-related logs directly to Microsoft with the tap of a button and view an incident ID that can be used to refer to the uploaded logs when contacting Microsoft Support. Intune-related logs will no longer be attached to emails when users request help from company support using iOS and Android Company Portal apps.
What are some of the benefits to me?
- Users blocked by Conditional Access for email can provide logs without configuring another email account.
- Users will no longer need to configure an email account for providing logs.
- You will no longer need to deploy an email app within Work Profile for providing logs.
- You only need to provide the 8-character incident ID to Microsoft Support to look up uploaded logs.
- Intune ensures that device logs are always contained within GDPR-compliant systems.
What will the user experience be like?
The Android user experience will be as follows:
We’ll keep this post updated when the feature rolls out in April.