Update: The Beta version of Microsoft Office 365 Best Practice Analyzer is not supported anymore and is receiving no updates.
We wanted to let you know that we have released a Beta version of Microsoft Office 365 Best Practices Analyzer for Exchange Server 2013. You can download the bits and read more about the release here. While this Beta has been available for a little while, we have been updating the build once a month with more improvements.
A couple of notes on this release:
- This is a Beta (pre-release) release; we plan to make changes to the tool look and feel, as well as add many additional rules to the tool.
- In order to download the tool, you will need an Office 365 tenant or Azure Active Directory user id. This is because in the future, we plan to include some value-add features that will enable you to store some information in our service (for example, we could enable the running history of BPA reports etc.) Note though that even though login to Azure Active Directory is required to download the tool, you do not need to have an Office 365 tenant to use it. This release can be used by customers who have:
- Exchange Server 2013 on-premises only
- Exchange Server 2013 hybrid configuration
- Office 365 customers who leverage Exchange Online exclusively
- For versions of Exchange earlier than Exchange 2013, please use the already released version of BPA.
We’d like to hear your feedback on this release. You are welcome to post comments here, but if you have specific BPA feedback, we’d like to get an email from you so we can get all the details we might need.