Are you ready to join a team of the world's best technical experts to enable the success of Microsoft solutions for our commercial accounts? You will have a chance to solve technically complex problems for the some of the world's largest companies. As a trusted advisor to the senior data center admins, you will have influence over the implementation of a broad range of solutions. Your technical and relationship skills are critical to the success of the Microsoft solution and the customer's perception of value.
With more than 4,000 employees and 1,500 vendors globally, Commercial Technical Support (CTS) delivers world-class support assistance around the clock to small, medium and enterprise businesses, partners, and developers in 24 languages. We help earn customers' loyalty for a lifetime, while working in partnership with product development to help improve product quality. We are there to help customers when they need help the most. In this role, you have an opportunity to be a personal hero for a customer who is experiencing critical problems with their Microsoft solutions.
You will have a chance to solve technically complex problems and working with the largest enterprise customers. As a Support Escalation Engineer, you are a technical leader and will have many opportunities to assist in the growth of other Engineers through one-on-one mentoring, one-to-many education scenarios and case collaboration. You will be designing and driving the discovery of potentially unique solutions for each customer situation as part of a team. We'll provide you with abundant resources, including a rich content library, advanced diagnostic tools, the business product group, and the experience of tenured engineers around you. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate and help your colleagues by sharing the results of your investigation. In this professional role, your contribution and overall impact is self-directed and the opportunities are plentiful.
Our world can only be described as a continuous learning environment with significant investment in allowing top technical minds to reach their full potential. There are many career paths in the CTS organization, including becoming a subject-matter expert or developing code through an escalation services role. Join our team of smart people and great leaders, and experience working with our cutting-edge technology including cloud services.
Microsoft Exchange Server is the most flexible and reliable messaging system available on the market. It is the most widely used messaging system by small, medium, and Enterprise level businesses around the world and has been seen as the leading messaging system available for over a decade. This position is for an opportunity to become a member of the Enterprise Communications Support team that gets to work with, support, and influence this world class messaging system.
- Represent Microsoft with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronically service and assist them in resolving technical issues utilizing Microsoft products and technologies.
- Foster positive customer relationships and build customer loyalty with Microsoft, while effectively managing challenging situations.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with varying audiences from highly technical engineers, to developers and architects, as well as executive-level management.
- Demonstrate leadership through personal responsibility, accountability, and teamwork.
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
- Manage critical situations that may involve challenging technical issues, diverse audiences and potentially politically hot.
- Be responsive to customer needs, both within and outside of normal business hours in some situations, or as part of an on-call rotation.
- Apply a logical and methodical approach to remote problem solving.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
- Create technical content including Knowledge Base articles, whitepapers, training documents, and blog postings.
- Respond to select newsgroups and contribute to proactive knowledge transfer.
- Opportunities to travel both within the US and internationally to other Microsoft locations for training, meetings or to customer sites to assist with problem resolution may be available.
- Certification as an MCSE, MCSD or MCPD is facilitated through company provided resources and testing and is required within one year of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience deploying and administrating Exchange Server (2003, 2007, and/or 2010).
- Advanced proficiency in Exchange Server (2003, 2007, and/or 2010) in addition to other networking products and networking operating systems (Windows 2003, 2008, etc).
- Strong customer service, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in creating technical documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and/or mentoring.
Preferred Qualifications :
- The ideal candidate will have a 4 year degree in C.S. or E.E. and a minimum of 5 years product support or the equivalent in work experience.
- MCSE Messaging and/or MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator (or within 1 year of employment).
- Programming and debugging skills are useful but not required, preferably in C, as well as the ability to read and analyze network traces.
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes/Domino administration a plus but not required.
- U.S. Citizenship a plus but not required
Interested in Applying?
Go to https://careers.microsoft.com/Search.aspx, and search for any the following job ID's:
- Exchange Support Team