Earlier today the Exchange CXP team released Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to the Download Center. The release of the rollup via Microsoft Update will happen on September 21st.
This update includes new fixes for the following server roles:
- Client Access
- Edge Transport
- Hub Transport
- Unified Messaging
A fix for the Exchange 2007 SP3 and OWA S/MIME Version Mismatch we blogged about soon after the release of Service Pack 3 is included in this release, and additionally we’d like to call out the following fixes:
- KB 980301 The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service stops responding during a Volume Shadow Copy Service backup on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- KB 983529 The EdgeTransport.exe process crashes and then restarts on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- KB 973637 Exchange Server 2007 creates incorrect Lotus Notes proxy email addresses
- KB 982928 The Msftesql.exe process continues using memory on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- KB 983296 Exchange ActiveSync crashes on an Exchange Server 2007 server causing the client synchronization to be unavailable
For a full list of the fixes included in this rollup, see KB 2279665 Description of Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3.
Note for Forefront Protection for Exchange users
For those of you running Forefront Protection for Exchange, be sure you perform these important steps from the command line in the Forefront directory before and after installing this rollup. Without these steps, the Information Store and Transport services will not start.
- Before installing the rollup, disable ForeFront by using the “fscutility /disable” command
- After rollup installation completes, re-enable ForeFront by running the “fscutility /enable” command