Over the past couple of years the Exchange Team has been hard at work building Exchange Server 2010. We are excited to announce an important milestone - we would like to share the Beta release with you today!
We have already discussed that Exchange 2010 was built from the ground up with Software + Services in mind — indeed, more than 5 million users are already enjoying the benefits of Exchange 2010 as a service today. In previous posts we've highlighted some of the great new features you can get through Outlook Web Access or Outlook Live, and for developers we have shared information around a managed API that makes it really easy to use Exchange Web Services as a development platform for building custom applications.
Today, I am thrilled to announce that Exchange 2010 beta is available to everyone for download worldwide at www.microsoft.com/exchange/2010, so you can see for yourself.
The latest version of Exchange Server includes a wide variety of exciting features that:
- Help people better manage inbox overload and be more productive
- Enable organizations to increase operational and deployment flexibility
- Protect information and meet compliance requirements with the new email archive
Exchange 2010 has so many exciting new features that we put together a video describing many of these!
- To skip right to the new Exchange 2010 features, start the video at 1:25
- If you're most interested in how Exchange will save you time and money, go directly to 6:48
Please download the worldwide beta today! Here's the link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=1898ed2c-2f88-48ac-824e-d3d20fad77d7
We're also going live with the Exchange 2010 Forum today, and monitoring it regularly to collect your feedback.
We hope you find it as exciting and innovative as we do, and the entire team looks forward to your feedback!