Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Outlook Could Allow Remote Code Execution (925938)
Published: January 9, 2007
Who Should Read this Document: Customers who use Microsoft Outlook
Impact of Vulnerability: Remote Code Execution
Maximum Severity Rating: Critical
Recommendation: Customers should apply the update immediately
Security Update Replacement: This bulletin replaces a prior security update. See the frequently asked questions (FAQ) section of this bulletin for the complete list.
Caveats: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 925938 documents the currently known issues that customers may experience when they install this security update. The article also documents recommended solutions for these issues. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 925938.
Tested Software and Security Update Download Locations:
- Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 — Download the update (KB921593)
- Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 — Download the update (KB921594)
- Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Outlook 2003 — Download the update (KB924085)