Several new and updated tools now live on Exchange Tools web site

Wanted to let you know that today, we made several new tools available on the Exchange Server 2003 Tools site. Here are some examples:

Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Editor. You can get it here. If you want to read some more interesting information about the tool, please go here where Stephen Griffin blogged about the details.

Microsoft Exchange Server Quota Message Service. You can get it here. This one was popular every time when we blogged about it. You can read some additional information about it here and here.

Additionally, multiple tools were updated today. Just search for "June 7" on the tools page!

- Nino Bilic

1. kobrian says:

I don’t remember seeing any documentation with tool in the past, but this latest utility has some documentation! Yeah~

2. ML49448 says:

It would be nice if changes were documented when tools are updated.  For instance, Jetstress was updated today but I can’t find anything that lists what the changes were for this new version.

3. Aaron M. Hall says:

OK, I’ve been meaning to ask this…

How about a utility that will let allow us to import/export the entire Global Settings > Message Delivery options to a file?

I would love to be able to save my Filtering configurations as a backup for when I setup new servers that aren’t on my network (or when I have to do a system recovery on my own server and am missing items from my list).

4. Jon says:

Regarding QMS:  Are there any plans to provide a version that will support public folders?

5. Jason Nelson [MSFT] says:

Regarding QMS: No – that’s not in the plans.  The source on gotdotnet is relatively in sync, so if you wanted to add code to walk the public folder tree, getting the status, well, you could do so.  It would be in-efficient though, because at last check we don’t return PR_ENTRYID in that rowset, so you couldn’t directly open the folder (as I recall).  Once youw walk the folder set, you’d need to read the folder contacts, then generate a mail to all of them.

Do-able?  Yes.  Planned?  No.

6. SvenC says:

I just installed and tested the standalone version of CDO 1.2.1.

The readme.txt states that one should be able to send feedback to cdomapi@microsoft.com. When I tried that mail address I got an undeliverable response for that mail address. Is the address wrong or not available yet?

My feedback would have been: is there a chance to access UNICODE pst files (Outlook 2003 PST files) with that version of extended MAPI?

Regards,

SvenC

7. Dean says:

I just tried the new Best Practices Analyzer for Exchange ( ver 2.7 ) and it seems to be giving some wrong configuration answers.

It says the server is using the PAE with the /3 gig switch when it’s not. At least there is no 3 gig switch in the boot.ini file.

It also says the default exchange virtual directory for OMA has been changed and it has not.

8. Paul Bowden [MSFT] says:

Hi Dean,

There are no known issues with the rules that you mention. Feel free to zipn and send me your output XML file (pbowden @ microsoft . com) and I’ll let you know what’s going on.

Cheers, Paul.

9. Alex Philips says:

ExMerge needs to be updated to use the new Outlook 2003 .pst structure.  We have many mailboxes over 1.8gig at which point the current ExMerge doesn’t work.  Also would love to see it integrated into the System Manager where I could right click a mailbox and say export.

Comments are closed.