Few days ago, we've refreshed the Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer v2.1 package at http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/exbpa. If you run the MSI, it will identify itself as v2.1a. You can in-place upgrade from v2.1 to v2.1a. Application version number (as shown in the About... link):
ExBPA v2.1 2.1.7599.0
ExBPA v2.1a 2.1.7599.4
NOTE: ExBPA v2.1a is available for U.S. English only.
Here is the list of bugs fixed with v2.1a:
- MSI always sets the 'DataDirectory' registry value to the default setting even when the user has specified a different folder.
- Output XML files are placed in the wrong folder when run under the scheduler.
- Scheduling functionality does not work on Windows 2000 computers.
- Date and numeric values are not interpreted correctly when running on a computer with non-U.S. English regional settings.
In addition, the latest Config XML (184.108.40.206) is included with the package. Short list of changes from the previous Config XML (220.127.116.11):
- Warns if the store is stopped on a bridgehead server.
- Correct PAE recommendations for Windows 2000.
- Conditioning implemented to recognize the difference between Recipient and Mailbox Manager policies.
- Performance check no longer executes if ExBPA is running under the MOM agent.
- Front-end detection now works for both Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers (previously, only 2003 was detected).
- The "Connectivity Test" now checks for perfmon accessibility problems.
- The "Connectivity Test" should not create event log entries when running under MOM.
- Replication metadata now collected for Exchange Domain Servers, Exchange Enterprise Servers and Routing Group objects.
- Performance counter information now easier to read when looking at the 'Baseline report'.
- Important CA eTrust process exclusions promoted from Warning to Error.
Please let us know if you have any questions! As always, the quick way to get to the ExBPA tool is to go to www.exbpa.com !
- The Microsoft Exchange Operational Support Tools Team