Microsoft IT Messaging team has a great opportunity in Redmond, WA for someone who is interested in designing Exchange based IT messaging solutions for the dynamic enterprise environment, such as Microsoft’s internal messaging deployment! We need a strong messaging engineer with leadership skills to architect, design and optimize the next generation messaging deployments at the enterprise scale and availability. Cross group work is important as you will work with the other groups within Microsoft IT and Product Units to understand scenarios and drive components to provide effective designs that reflect real-world complex e-mail ecosystem. As a part of the engineering and design work you will provide messaging system trending and performance analysis, Exchange topology and capacity planning; create and evaluate new messaging designs and technical strategies as well as create engineering documentation.
The candidates should have all of the following skills and qualifications:
· 4 or more years of Microsoft Exchange Server and Windows OS experience in the areas of systems engineering, design and operations for large scale deployments;
· Strong experience with Exchange technologies, architectures and principles such as Exchange topology and routing, Front-end/Back-end architectures, messaging client access methods and protocols, Exchange interoperability with Active Directory, messaging security;
· Extensive knowledge of client/server architectures and demonstrated ability to analyze, design and architect complex IT systems;
· Experience leading engineering projects, and initiatives with two or more other individuals;
· Strong communication, critical thinking, documentation, and problem solving skills;
A BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred. MCSE+ certification with the focus on Messaging Technologies or commensurate related experience is preferred.
Qualified candidates please send the resumes to johnmcc AT Microsoft DOT com. Please mention the Job Code: 129862