This solution accelerator provides detailed guidance for planning and executing upgrades, migrations, and consolidations to Exchange Server 2003 from legacy Exchange environments. It provides relevant information to help organizations migrate and consolidate their environments to Exchange Server 2003 using the tools provided with Exchange Server 2003 SP1.
It also provides real-world information to help customers ensure they are using a tested and proven methodology to migrate and consolidate their current Exchange Server 5.5 and Exchange 2000 Server environments to Exchange Server 2003.
The guidance explains the four-phase process, of planning, upgrading, migrating, and consolidating messaging servers running Exchange 5.5/2000 to develop an efficient Exchange Server 2003 environment.
Key Features and Benefits
The following is a summary of the key features and benefits of using this solution accelerator:
- Knowledge, best practice, and templates customers can use to plan, design, deploy, and verify an effective messaging migration/consolidation project.
- Microsoft expert-developed guidance on how to plan for migration and consolidation of messaging in an enterprise environment.
- Detailed prescriptive guidance offering a scenario-based consolidation of Exchange 5.5/2000 to Exchange Server 2003.
- Faster deployment by using automated processes and the deployment tools provided in Exchange Server 2003 SP1.
- Reduced TCO by clearly outlining a proven messaging consolidation using Exchange Server 2003 in a ‘real world’ environment.
- Increased project confidence by reducing time, cost, and risks in undertaking an Exchange migration or consolidation project.
Where to Find the Solution Accelerator for Exchange Consolidation and Migration
§ A browseable version of the SA for Exchange Consolidation and Migration is on TechNet at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=34985
§ The SA for Exchange Consolidation and Migration is on the Download Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=34986
The Solution Accelerator for Exchange Consolidation and Migration is the latest release in a suite of Windows NT 4.0 migration guidance previously developed by the MSIM team. The complement of these solution accelerators provides customers with the complete picture for migrating from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003. The other consolidation/migration offerings are: