~ Sekar Raju
Hi everyone, Sekar Raju here from the Microsoft DPM and Azure backup team with quick support tip for you. When attempting an Azure backup, you may experience a problem where the backup job fails with the following symptoms:
1. In Microsoft Azure Backup, you have a backup job that fails with the following error:
Backup has encountered an irrecoverable error. Contact Microsoft Support for further assistance. (0x086C8)
2. The Error tab on the Job Details dialog will also contain the following:
Job failed with error (Operation failed.(0x086C8)
3. The CloudBackup Event Log contains an Event ID 11 similar to the one below:
Log Name: CloudBackup
Event ID: 11
Task Category: None
The description for Event ID 11 from source CloudBackup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
< ?xml version=”1.0″?>
4. The following exception appears in CBEngine.log:
12E4 1488 <Date/Time> 71 prepunmanagedutils.h(120) 84D3F434-DF64-4595-AF6E-F7A271EC0581 WARNING Error occurred, DlsErrorCode – 34504, Exception – FMException: [ErrorCode:SalMetadataVhdCorrupt, DetailedCode:0, Source:Service/None/Client, Message:Corruption is detected. FMException: [ErrorCode:SalMetadataVhdCorrupt, DetailedCode:0, Source:None, Message:Corruption is detected.]
To fix this problem, install the latest version (2.0.9022.0 or later) of the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent. Here are the steps:
- Close the Microsoft Azure Backup snap-in if it is still running.
- Download and install latest Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent from here.
- Launch the Microsoft Azure Backup snap-in.
- Manually start the backup job by clicking the Back up Now option, or optionally wait for the scheduled backup job to start and complete.
- If the backup job you started on step 4 fails, manually start the backup job one more time or wait for the next scheduled backup job to start and complete. This is because sometimes the first backup with the new agent may fail with the same error, however subsequent backup jobs will successfully complete.
Hope this helps!
Sekar Raju | Senior Support Engineer | Microsoft
- Configuration Manager: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
- Data Protection Manager: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
- Orchestrator: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/
- Operations Manager: http://blogs.technet.com/momteam/
- Operations Management Suite: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/omsblog/
- Service Manager: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
- Virtual Machine Manager: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
- Microsoft Intune: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/intunesupport/
- WSUS: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/
- AD and Azure RMS: http://blogs.technet.com/b/rms/
- Application Virtualization: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
- MED-V: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
- Application Proxy: http://blogs.technet.com/b/applicationproxyblog/
- Forefront Endpoint Protection: http://blogs.technet.com/b/clientsecurity/
- Forefront Identity Manager: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ms-identity-support/
- Forefront TMG: http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/
- Forefront UAG: http://blogs.technet.com/b/edgeaccessblog/
DPM 2012 R2