~ Dwayne Jackson | Senior Support Escalation Engineer
Hi Everyone, Dwayne Jackson here again with a quick tip for you in case you ever run into an issue where SQL Server instance auto-protection for Data Protection Manager is not enabled during DPM Secondary Protection. Please ensure your symptoms align with the items noted below.
1. Existing DPM Secondary Protection is configured for the SQL Server instance.
2. SQL Server instance auto-protection is working as expected from the Primary DPM server. SQL Server instance auto-protection enables DPM to automatically identify and protect SQL Server databases that are added to instances of SQL Server.
From the Secondary DPM Server, newly added databases to the SQL Server Instance are not automatically added to be protected.
If you experience this issue, complete the following steps to enable SQL Server instance auto-protection on the Secondary DPM Server.
1. From the Secondary DPM Server, modify the protection group in question.
2) From the Select Group Members step, expand the appropriate SQL Server.
3) Select the SQL instance (i.e. check the box next to the SQL instance) then right-click it.
4) Next click on the pop-up window that says Turn on auto protection as shown below.
Here is what it should look like on auto protection has been turned on:
For additional information regarding SQL Server instance auto-protection, please see the following:
Dwayne Jackson | Senior Support Escalation Engineer | Microsoft GBS Management and Security Division
System Center All Up: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenter/
Configuration Manager Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
Data Protection Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
Orchestrator Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/
Operations Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/momteam/
Service Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
Virtual Machine Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
Microsoft Intune: http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoftintune/
WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/
The RMS blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/rms/
App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
Server App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/serverappv
The Surface Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/surface/
The Application Proxy blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/applicationproxyblog/
The Forefront Endpoint Protection blog : http://blogs.technet.com/b/clientsecurity/
The Forefront Identity Manager blog : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ms-identity-support/
The Forefront TMG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/
The Forefront UAG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/edgeaccessblog/
System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager
System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager
DPM 2012 R2