This year at TechEd Europe, Shreesh Dubey (GPM, Backup and Archival products) and Islaam Gomaa (MVP) delivered a talk on Cloud integrated data protection using System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) and Microsoft Azure Backup.
Here is a quick recap of the topics covered for those who missed it:
- Reliable protection of large scale private cloud deployments on Windows Server 2012 R2 + Hyper-V
- Leveraging Windows Server deduplication to optimize backup storage
- Enterprise-level reporting with rich dashboards to monitor/manage backups at scale
- Protection of Microsoft workloads on VMware
- Long term retention and leveraging Azure Backup for tape replacement
- A sneak peek into the investments being made in the backup protection space, especially for the Azure cloud.
After the session, Shreesh Dubey and Symon Perriman from Microsoft also had the chance to interview Dik van Brummen, the CTO of SaaSPlaza, and discuss a real world example of using DPM and how his business is benefitting. Having adopted DPM, Dik provides a stunning customer testimonial about the performance and scale of DPM, and the improvements made in the last one year.
For those looking to tune into the details of the session, the full video is available for viewing below. The session slides can also be downloaded for offline viewing. Each of the topics listed above will be covered in greater detail on the DPM blog in the coming weeks, but the video provides a great primer for the fantastic changes that have been introduced since the last TechEd.
Related sessions at TechEd Europe:
- Learn more about Azure Backup and System Center DPM.
- Click for a free Azure trial subscription, and download the latest Azure backup agent to get started!
- Need help? Reach out to the DPM forums and the Azure Backup forum for support.
- Tell us how we can improve Azure Backup: contribute new ideas and up-vote existing ones!