We are very excited to announce the release of DPM 2012 Beta.
Some of the big enhancements include:
- Centralized Management of DPM Servers (built on top of System Center Operations Manager )
- A Central Console from which you can monitor and manage all the backup servers in your datacenter.
- Need it today for the DPM 2010 environment? We got it! – Use a single console to monitor both DPM 2012 and DPM 2010 servers! (Make sure you download the interoperability patch for DPM 2010)
- Role Based Access enabled – Use one of the 8 default roles or create a new role from scratch in a minute. Default Roles include : Read-Only User; Recovery Operator ; Reporting Operator; Tier-1 Support (help desk); Tier-2 Support(escalation); TAPE Operator; TAPE Admins and DPM Admins
- Certificate Based Protection Backup machines from domains not trusted by the DPM Server domain including workgroup machines using certificates
- Best for Microsoft Apps
- Enhanced Hyper-V Support – Faster Hyper-V backups (Express Full) support for standalone Hyper-V hosts and ability to perform item level recovery even when DPM is running inside a VM.
- Enhanced SharePoint Support– Recover files in seconds. Item level Recovery without moving content DBs. SharePoint RBS Support.
- SQL FILESTREAM Support
- Cool New UI – Yes. Download it, see it, tell us how you feel .
- TAPE Feature Enhancements – Improved reliability, space optimization and more flexible job management capabilities.
- Consolidate databases of multiple DPM Servers on same SQL Instance.
- And as always, seamless upgrade experience from your existing DPM environment (DPM 2010).
Stay tuned to our blog for in depth coverage of each of the major enhancements including How-To videos. Looking forward to your feedback through our Connect Website, forums and the blogs.
DPM 2010 Interoperability Hotfix for DPM 2012 – http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ce680cd1-9242-4896-b1d6-d30b08bf1aed
DPM 2012 Beta Forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dataprotectionmanager
Connect Website Link : https://connect.microsoft.com/site840/feedback