When we started work on Centralized Management, it became very apparent that we need a UI that not only presents a summary of the entire DPM environment, but also
- Enables customers to work on more important issues first – like working on alerts affecting backups of multiple backup items
- Enables different teams in a backup support team to work effectively on alerts under their area of responsibility
- For example, the Backup Admin should be working on alerts affecting the core infrastructure such as Agents, Disk etc.
- The Tier-1 and Tier-2 people should primarily focus on alerts representing backup failure.
- The TAPE Admin and Operators should work on alerts causing TAPE backups to fail.
- Get a single view to all the alerts.
- Get summary of core infrastructure health.
To deliver on these goals, DPM 2012 ships with a great set of views which help you organize and categorize the alerts and objects in your backup environment.
Kindly go through this video recording (DPM 2012 – Centralized Management : Introducing the Central Console UI) to understand the demo environment followed by this video that walks you through the new Central Console User Experience.
– Prabu Ambravaneswaran | Program Manager | Microsoft Corporation