Hey folks – today’s post is a short one. There are some great new posts over at the Terminal Services Team Blog that we thought we’d share:
- Remote Desktop Services at the 2009 MVP Summit: The annual MVP Summit was held last week in Seattle and Redmond. The Remote Desktop Services (the feature formerly known as Terminal Services) feature has 26 MVPs from about 10 countries. There are some names in the list that I’m sure many of you will recognize.
- Migrating a Windows Server 2003 TS License Server: If you’ve ever had reason to migrate a Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services License Server from one machine to another, then you know that it can be a tricky endeavor. This post walks you through the steps to successfully migrate the role. Make sure you have all your paperwork ready when you call the Microsoft Clearinghouse!
- Top 10 RDP Protocol Misconceptions – Part 1: This is a great post that debunks some of the common misconceptions around the RDP Protocol. Part 2 hasn’t been published yet, so keep your eyes peeled for it!
- The Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services Resource Kit is now available!: Need I say more?
If you already have access to the Windows 7 Beta, you can learn more about Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 and RDS / RDP from these resources:
- What’s New in Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta
- RemoteApp and Desktop Connection Step-by-Step Guide for WS08 R2 Beta
- RDS Application Compatibility Analyzer
Finally – to end with a little trivia for the superstitious, since today is Friday the 13th … if you know someone who suffers from Paraskevidekatriaphobia (a fear of Friday the 13th) here is an interesting article about "Why Friday the 13th Is Unlucky”.
Have a great weekend everyone!