I wrote many posts in this blog about troubleshooting crash and hangs issues. In some of those posts (here it is one example) I used a tool called DebugDiag in order to either capture the dump or perform the initial analysis. Today the team that it’s developing DebugDiag announced a new version of this tool, I’m talking about DebugDiag 1.2. Below is the list of the new features introduced in this version:
- .Net 2.0 and higher analysis integrated to the Crash Hang analysis.
- SharePoint Analysis Script.
- Performance Analysis Script.
- .NET memory analysis script (beta).
- Native heap analysis for all supported operating systems
- Generate series of Userdumps.
- Performance Rule.
- IIS ETW hang detection.
- .NET CLR 4.0 support.
- Managed Breakpoint Support.
- Report Userdump generation to the Event log.
- Import/Export of rules and configuration, including 'Direct Push' to remote servers.
- Enterprise deployment support using XCopy and Register.bat.
Note: It is important to mention that you must uninstall all previous DebugDiag versions before you install DebugDiag 1.2.
Go get DebugDiag 1.2 at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26798