Ever wonder what happened to the security guides from Microsoft Solution Accelerators? Your go-to security guidance from Solution Accelerators hasn’t disappeared, it’s just been repackaged. The previously stand-alone Microsoft product-specific security guides are now included within the Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM) tool.
So, how do you get your hands on trusted guidance for Windows client and server operating systems and Microsoft applications from the Microsoft security experts? First download and install the SCM tool. Next, import your product baselines of choice (options include Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Internet Explorer 8, and more). Finally, select the Documents tab within a baseline to access the security guide for that Microsoft product. Simple, right?
- Download and install the Security Compliance Manager tool.
- Check out the SCM TechNet Wiki for more details on how to get up and running with the tool.
- Learn more about the Security Compliance Manager.
- Questions? Comments? Tell it to the development team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for a specific security baseline? Browse away!
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Security Baseline
- Windows Server 2008 Security Baseline
- Windows Server 2003 Security Baseline
- Windows 7 Security Baseline
- Windows Vista Security Baseline
- Windows XP Security Baseline
- Internet Explorer 8 Security Baseline
- Microsoft Office 2010 Security Baseline
- Microsoft Office 2007 SP2 Security Baseline
SCM is just one of the tools provided by the Microsoft Solution Accelerators team. The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Security Compliance Manager provide tested guidance and automated tools to help you plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies—easier, faster, and at less cost. All are freely available, and fully-supported by Microsoft. Learn more.