In part 7 of our “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou welcome Sr. Program Manager Michael Greene to the show as they discuss the importance of configuration management for organizations that are starting to leverage the cloud for their daily operations. Tune in as they also demo PowerShell DSC and how it can be used with Azure.
- [2:30] When an organization is beginning to leverage the cloud, why is Configuration Management important?
- [5:01] How is Configuration Management different from Automation?
- [6:48] Is Configuration Management more than just initial provisioning?
- [10:29] What tools and resources are available to perform Configuration Management?
- [13:03] How does PowerShell DSC differ from PowerShell scripts?
- [15:11] Is PowerShell DSC specific to only Windows workloads?
- [17:23] DEMO: Can you show us how PowerShell DSC can be leveraged with Azure?
- (Part 1) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - What is "DevOps" and Why is it Important for IT Pros?
- (Part 2) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - How Does Microsoft Azure and the Cloud align with DevOps?
- (Part 3) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Enabling Self-Service On-Demand Developer Environments in the Cloud
- (Part 4) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Source Control in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure & Visual Studio Online
- (Part 5) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Testing in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Online
- (Part 6) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Automating for Predictability