In Part 12 of their Building a Private Cloud series, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou explore the world of hybrid cloud scenarios using Windows Azure Virtual Networks. Tune in as they walk us through some common scenarios where IT Pros may find it more appealing to deploy a hybrid datacenter solution as they explain what components are required and how to build out and configure both your cloud and local networks.
- [1:20] Recap: Building a Private Cloud
- [2:30] What is IaaS? Why would IT Pros be interested in “Infrastructure as a Service” as part of a Hybrid Cloud solution?
- [5:50] What is Windows Azure Virtual Networks? What are some common scenarios for it?
- [14:44] How should I plan for Azure Virtual Networks? What do I need to do to get started?
- [20:10] DEMO: Building out our Cloud Network
- [28:14] DEMO: Building out our definitions for our local network
- [37:56] DEMO: Configuring our on-premise VPN gateway
- MP3 (Audio only)
- MP4 (iPod, Zune HD)
- High Quality MP4 (iPad, PC)
- Mid Quality MP4 (WP7, HTML5)
- High Quality WMV (PC, Xbox, MCE)
Websites & Blogs:
The entire series is also available via https://aka.ms/bpc.
- (Part 1) Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 – Introduction
- (Part 2) Laying the Foundation with Windows Server 2012
- (Part 3) Deploying & Upgrading to System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 4) Configuring Storage Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 5) Configuring Network Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 6) Configuring Compute Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 7) Creating & Delegating Private Clouds in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 8) Deploying & Managing Private Cloud Applications
- (Part 9) Updating the Private Cloud Fabric
- (Part 10) Protecting Your Private Cloud with Data Protection Manager
- (Part 11) Dynamic Optimization of the Private Cloud Fabric
- (Part 12) Building a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure using Windows Azure
- (Part 13) Managing Your Hybrid Cloud Network
|Download and build a lab with Windows Server 2012 and System Center 2012 SP1|
|Deploy a VM to cloud and learn Windows Azure with 90-day free trial and free resources.|
|Follow the blog post series, learn and practice to Build a Private Cloud|