RTM is the release to manufacturing, meaning the code is final and has been delivered to PC and server makers, who are preparing to deliver great new Windows 7 PCs and servers with Windows Server 2008 R2 for our mutual customers when Windows 7 is generally available on October 22nd, with Windows Server 2008 R2 available on or before that date. Here is the official press release.
- The Windows 7 RTM build is 7200. The Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM build is 7600.
- The changes between the Windows 7 RC and RTM codes are minimal. And there are no feature changes between the Windows 2008 R2 RC and RTM.
- The Windows 7 system requirements are
- 1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1GB RAM (32-bit) / 2GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX® 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Here is the information of Windows 7 Editions and Widows Server 2008 R2 Editions.
- Key technical resources: