This series was delivered by a team of IT Pro Evangelists including: Kevin Remde, Matt Hester, Chris Avis, Chris Henley, and Yung Chou a while ago. Still the information is relevant to get yourself well informed on the technologies, the solutions, and how to get your IT environment strategically aligned and integrated with virtualization. To facilitate learning Microsoft virtualization technologies, I have also made a number of free eBooks and posters available including Windows Server 2008 R2, Understanding Microsoft Virtualization Solutions, Active Directory and Hyper-V. Additionally, there are also free trainings of virtualization technologies and software evaluation copies of System Center 2012 available.
- 01/14/2009, TechNet Webcast: Virtualization in a Nutshell
- 01/16/2009, TechNet Webcast: Selecting the Right Candidates for Virtualization
- 01/21/2009, TechNet Webcast: Virtualizing Test and Development Environments for a Quick Return on Investment
- 01/23/2009, TechNet Webcast: Managing the Virtualized Test and Development Environment
- 01/28/2009, TechNet Webcast: If I Virtualize It, How Do I Manage It?
- 01/29/2009, TechNet Webcast: Consolidation and Rapid Provisioning
- 02/04/2009, TechNet Webcast: Building on Your Existing Virtual Environment
- 02/06/2009, TechNet Webcast: Virtualization Solutions for High Availability
- 02/11/2009, TechNet Webcast: Client-Side Virtualization
- 02/13/2009, TechNet Webcast: Using Presentation Virtualization
- 02/18/2009, TechNet Webcast: Scaling Terminal Services Out (1/2)
- 02/20/2009, TechNet Webcast: Scaling Terminal Services Out (2/2)
- 02/25/2009, TechNet Webcast: Running Legacy Applications with Virtualization (1/2)
- 02/27/2009, TechNet Webcast: Running Legacy Applications with Virtualization (2/2)
- 03/04/2009, TechNet Webcast: Creating a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- 03/06/2009, TechNet Webcast: Securing the Virtual Environments
- 03/11/2009, TechNet Webcast: Virtualization with Centralized, Policy-Based Management
- 03/13/2009, TechNet Webcast: Virtualization Solutions in Branch Offices
03/20/2009, TechNet Webcast: Road Map for the Future of Virtualization
- 03/24/2009, TechNet Webcast: Managing Virtual Solutions
Regardless your role and responsibilities, session 1 TechNet Webcast: Virtualization in a Nutshell is the one you absolutely do not want to miss. This session gives you an overview of all Microsoft virtualization solutions, so you get the big picture and know the context of a solution. You will know “Why virtualize?” and “Why Microsoft?” This session is to advance and facilitate your understanding on virtualization in general, and help you recognizing a virtualization opportunity when it presents itself.
(This is a reposting with validated links of a previously published post at https://aka.ms/yungchou)