Administrators are all well aware of patch Tuesdays, when Security and Important hotfixes come out.
With every patch Tuesday, there are specific hotfixes that we create for the Enterprise customers that run into issues.
What type of issues?
- When they are deploying new hardware that was created after the O.S. shipped, to make the O.S. compatible.
- When there is a functionality that is not working as expected.
- or when a customer asks for a functionality to work a certain way.
How are admin’s able to keep up? Via the RSS feeds listed below.
- Most Recent KBs for Windows Server 2012 R2:
- Most Recent KBs for Windows 8.1:
- Most Recent KBs for Windows Server 2012:
- Most Recent KBs for Windows 8:
- Most Recent KBs for Windows Server 2008 R2
- Most Recent KBs for Windows 7
- Most Recent KBs for Windows Server 2008:
Why is Windows Vista not on the list?
You could use the “Windows Server 2008” to see the hotfixes relevant to Windows Vista since they do share common code.
Why are Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 not on the list?
Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 have ended mainstream support. And the security patches will come to an end in 2014.