In my customer engagements I get a lot of questions around what tasks an organization should be doing in terms of operation and maintenance for their PKI. So, in this blog series I am going to cover the operational and maintenance aspects of a PKI.
Below is the list of topics I plan on covering in this Blog Series:
- Removing expired certificates from the CA Database
- Publishing the CRL for an Offline Root CA
- CA Certificate Lifecycle and Renewing CA Certificates
- Implementing Credential Roaming
- Implementing Key Archival
- Role Separation
- Certification Authority Backup
- Emergency CRL Re-signing
- Determining Expiring Certificates
- Delegating Certificate Template Permissions
- Implementing the SMTP Exit Module
If there are any additional topics you would like me to cover, please submit a comment to this blog posting or tweet me @chdelay.