Here are the facts:
- KB3148812 requires some manual steps to complete its installation
- Failure to perform these steps leads to two issues: loss of WSUS console and client scans against WSUS
- Performing these steps (as listed today) fully resolves the WSUS console issue
- There is a chance that you will see client scan failures even after performing the steps
This update contains critical functionality that needs to be in place before the Anniversary Update, but it does not need to be installed this week (e.g., there is no security fix that patches a known vulnerability). Therefore, here are our recommendations:
- Until further notice, if you have not already installed this update, do not install KB3148812.
- If you have installed it and not yet performed the "wsusutil postinstall" step, then uninstall KB3148812. If you're still seeing issues, then please Email Blog Author.
- If you have installed it and have already performed the manual steps recommended in a previous post, then please Email Blog Author so that we can work directly with you.
The official repair for this issue (KB3159706) has been released. A new blog post covers the details of this update.