.NET Framework 4 available soon via WSUS

Hi WSUS Admins,

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and .NET Framework 4 Client Profile will be made available via Windows Server Update Services.

The .NET Framework 4 is Microsoft’s comprehensive and consistent programming model for building applications that have visually stunning user experiences, seamless and secure communication, and the ability to model a range of business processes.

The .NET Framework 4 Client Profile provides a subset of features from the .NET Framework 4. The Client Profile is designed to run client applications and to enable the fastest possible deployment for Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Forms technology.

The .NET Framework 4 works side by side with older Framework versions. Applications that are based on earlier versions of the Framework will continue to run on the version targeted by default.

For more information, please visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829019

1. stephen says:

Can you please give us an update on when Office 2010 will be supported?

2. Harry Johnston says:

Does this mean that if you are going to approve .NET Framework 4, you don't need to approve .NET Framework 4 Client Profile?

3. Jon Day says:

Is there a definitive date for this?  We have been hearing that .NET Framework 4 available soon via WSUS since 29 April 2010!

4. suc says:

Any plans to push .NET 4 via Windows Update? I still don't see it.

5. Vinnie says:

Too bad the versions for x64-based systems won't download–gives you a CRC error!

6. David says:

Content file download failed. Reason: CRC verification failure. Source File: /msdownload/update/software/ftpk/2010/06/dotnetfx40_client_x86_x64_4cd67f609f89d617d2b206341b8c211e1b88b287.exe Destination File: E:WSUSWsusContent874CD67F609F89D617D2B206341B8C211E1B88B287.exe.

All .NET Framework 4 downloads fail to download in WSUS 3.0 SP2 (SBS 2008).

Have deleted the file mentioned above and run "wsusutil.exe reset" but to no avail. Everything else downloads fine.

7. topo says:

I'm having exactly the same issue as David and Vinnie. Just the .NET Framework updates fail to download, everything else works ok. Any news on this?

8. charles says:

I'm having the same issue as well.  .NET 4 x64 fails to download.  .NET 4 Client Profile downloads fine along with Framework 32bit.  WSUS server 3.2.7600.226 (fully patched).

9. w says:

http://www.kodes.com Hiphop, Rap, Ceza, sagopa, Kolera

http://www.gekkog.com Hiphop, Rap, Gekko G

http://www.maskanimasyon.com Animasyon

10. Bob Hyatt says:

I'm experiencing the same issue with dotnetfx40_full_x86_f69bf78d597bb7e719699d036bdfa640673c88b9.exe

Downloading with IE works, but when executing unkowhn publisher ist shown.

11. james says:

Where is this update? I've yet to see it in WSUS. I've even manually searched for it.

12. Matthias Götzke says:

Well were is it? I cannot find it either. Looking at the technet site for recent windows updates that list ends in march 2010 ? Anybody still working here ?

13. Murialita says:

So we are getting updates for .net 4, but not the actual framework???

14. Searched WSUS and SCCM for Framework 4 Package, but only updates for Framework 4 were available. When Framework 4 will be available for WSUS and SCCM?

15. http://www.webdesignzseo.com says:

weak, it's STILL not available, interestingly updates ARE available via WSUS

16. pete says:

Can be found under Feature Packs 🙂

17. Thanks Pete. Indeed it was under Feature Packs after I enabled it in SCCM.

18. K-Fett says:

When I try to import .NET framework 4.0 into WSUS for distribution, I receive the message "This update cannot be imported into Windows Server Update Services because it does not have the required applicability information".  Anyone know when this will be resolved so we can distribute through WSUS?

19. pete says:

I imagine this may help??

Some updates are not compatible with the version of WSUS you are running. Additionally, some updates may not have the needed applicability information (in other words, the logic that determines whether an update should be installed). These types of updates cannot be imported.

Make sure you are running the latest version of WSUS –

(source: catalog.update.microsoft.com/…/FaqGeneric.aspx )

20. Andy says:

I can't see it in the list?

Am I missing something here. Running WSUS 3 SP2.

21. greg says:

Thanks, I can see it now.  You need to turn on Feature Packs in Products and Classifications in WSUS Options

22. Rob Head says:

Thanks Greg.  I got the answer I needed without even needing look for it.

23. bioswer says:

hello i think maybe you will want some hot and nice words.

24. Albert says:

It is very interesting! I like it very much!