I am very pleased to announce that WSUS 3.0 SP2 Beta is available today, January 26, via the Connect Site. All you have to do is sign in to your Connect account or sign up now in order to participate in the Beta program.
WSUS 3.0 SP2 Beta Overview
· Integration with Windows Server® 2008 R2
· Support for Windows 7® client
· Support for the BranchCache feature on Windows Server® 2008 R2
· New functionality lets you specify the approval deadline date and time.
· You can now apply a rule to all computers or to specific computer groups.
· This release provides improved handling of language selection on downstream servers. A new warning dialog appears when you download updates only for specified languages.
· The user interface is compatible between Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 for WSUS 3.0 on both the client and the server.
· Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses greater than 40 characters.
· The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
· Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
· Fixed setup issues with database servers running Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008.
Thank you very much in advance for your participation. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
WSUS Program Manager