If you're new to SDN and interested in finding out how using this Windows Server 2016 Datacenter solution might help your business grow, take a look at the new topic Introduction to Software Defined Networking.
In this topic you'll discover information about increased agility, as well as enhanced network security and efficiency. There's also a link to a terrific Microsoft Mechanics Video, in which Windows Server SDN engineer Greg Cusanza joins Matt McSpirit to demonstrate the new Software Defined Networking capabilities in Windows Server 2016. Watch as Cusanza explains the SDN technology underpinnings and shows how you can use SDN to do the following:
- Dynamically create, secure, and connect your network to meet the evolving needs of your apps
- Speed up the deployment of your workloads
- Contain security vulnerabilities from spreading across your network
In addition, the topic includes information about SDN Services and the key components of SDN architecture, with plenty of links to online documentation for those of you who want to learn more.
For more information, see Introduction to Software Defined Networking.
- For news about Microsoft Windows Server and Windows Client Networking documentation, you can follow me on Twitter at @James_McIllece
- You can now also follow the Microsoft Datacenter and Cloud Networking team on Twitter at @Microsoft_SDN