Back in April 2016, this blog announced the initial publication of the New DNS Policy Scenario Guide for Windows Server 2016.
Then in July 2016, this blog announced two new published scenarios in Expanded DNS Policy Scenario Guide for Windows Server 2016.
Today, the Windows Server docs team is announcing that the DNS Policy Scenario Guide for Windows Server 2016 is again expanded, this time with four new scenarios:
- Use DNS Policy for Split-Brain DNS Deployment
- Use DNS Policy for Applying Filters on DNS Queries
- Use DNS Policy for Application Load Balancing
- Use DNS Policy for Application Load Balancing With Geo-Location Awareness
About the DNS Policy Scenario Guide
DNS Policy is a new feature for DNS in Windows Server 2016. You can use this guide to learn how to use DNS policy to control how a DNS server processes name resolution queries based on different parameters that you define in policies.
This guide contains DNS policy overview information, as well as specific DNS policy scenarios that provide you with instructions on how to configure DNS server behavior to accomplish your goals.
The DNS Policy Scenario Guide is available:
- In HTML format in the Windows Server 2016 Technical Library: DNS Policy Scenario Guide
- In Word format for download from TechNet Gallery: DNS Policy Scenario Guide
- For news about Microsoft Windows Server and Windows Client Networking documentation, you can follow me on Twitter at @James_McIllece
- You can now also follow the Microsoft Datacenter and Cloud Networking team on Twitter at @Microsoft_SDN