The IPAM team and I have just published design, deployment, and operations guidance for IP Address Management (IPAM) in Windows Server 2012.
Check out these guides, and the topics available in each:
- IPAM Overview: Is a brief description of IPAM in Server 2012.
- What’s New in IPAM: Has recent changes in IPAM.
- Understanding IPAM: Provides an introduction with design and planning information.
- What is IPAM?
- IPAM Terminology
- Getting Started with IPAM
- IPAM Architecture
- IPAM Deployment Planning
- IPAM Deployment Guide: Provides detailed, click-by-click deployment instructions.
- Planning to Deploy IPAM
- Implementing Your IPAM Design Plan
- Checklist: Deploy IPAM
- Deploying IPAM Server
- Deploying IPAM Client
- Assigning IPAM Server and Administrator Roles
- Network Management with IPAM: Provides operational, troubleshooting, and best practices guidance.
- Using the IPAM Client Console
- Managing Server Inventory
- Managing IP Address Space
- Multi-server Management
- IP Address Tracking
- Operational Event Tracking
- Using Windows PowerShell with IPAM
- Best Practices
- Troubleshooting IPAM
- IPAM Backup and Restore
- Step-by-step: Configure IPAM to Manage Your IP Address Space: Provides procedures to set up IPAM in a test lab.
Note: If you’re looking for an IPAM quick start, see Getting Started with IPAM in the Understanding IPAM guide.
Greg Lindsay, Sr. Technical Writer, Windows Server (DNS, DHCP, IPAM).