In this blog post, I described how you can provide us with ratings and comments for our topics on TechNet and MSDN through the Click to Rate and Give Feedback facility.
Recently, the following Windows networking topics were updated based on your comments:
- Chapter 1 – Introduction to TCP/IP
- Chapter 2 – Architectural Overview of the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Chapter 3 – IP Addressing
- Chapter 4 – Subnetting
- Chapter 5 – IP Routing
- Chapter 6 – Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Chapter 7 – Host Name Resolution
- Chapter 8 – Domain Name System Overview
- Chapter 9 – Windows Support for DNS
- Chapter 10 – TCP/IP End-to-End Delivery
- Chapter 11 – NetBIOS over TCP/IP
- Chapter 12 – Windows Internet Name Service Overview
- Chapter 13 – Internet Protocol Security and Packet Filtering
- Chapter 14 – Virtual Private Networking
- Chapter 15 – IPv6 Transition Technologies
- Chapter 16 – Troubleshooting TCP/IP
- Appendix A – IP Multicast
- Appendix B – Simple Network Management Protocol
- Appendix C – Computer Browser Service
All of these topics contained a link to the download version of the book, which has been updated for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. However, the link text was somewhat misleading. It now reads:
- For a download of the entire “TCP/IP Fundamentals for Microsoft Windows” online book, which contains a version of this chapter that has been updated for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, click here.
If you see something that needs to be corrected or clarified, please let us know by describing the specific problems and the changes that need to be made through Click to Rate and Give Feedback.
Thank you for providing the feedback.
Windows Server Information Experience