Another Update on Interim Windows Vista Build 5728: Japanese Version Available

Another follow-up to my original post on Build 5728:  the Japanese download page for both 32- and 64-bit versions is live.

That means that this link is now active!

some one can help me to reinstall my modem adsl usb to the windows vista 5600, i try many times without results.

2. Nei says:

Are there MUI packs available somewhere to test this specific feature of Vista, or is it possible to "extract" a MUI pack out of the Japanese DVD?

3. nwhite says:

Hey Nei:  it’s not possible to extract the language pack from the interim build; you’ll need to either upgrade your existing build or run a clean install.

4. Tom Kirby-Green says:

Are the accompanying 5728 Windows SDK and Orcas VS2K5 extentions still on track to be released this Friday? I’m itching to write code against the latest build.

5. anony.muos says:

You should really let customers choose the languages to install and not just install unnecessary language files the user would never require and which would take up a lot of space.

And please change the volume icon on the taskbar, has it been changed for RTM? The white icon is soooo ugly.

6. anony.muos says:

And postponing FireWire support = no need of Vista for multimedia pros.

7. barlog says:

Thanks for kindly Announcement  > nwhite

8. anony.muos says:

Everyone is saying Vista Classic looks bad but I find it the same as XP except for the sidebar. Why dont you add a nice border or better color for sidebar in Classic?

9. nwhite says:

Hi someone:  this is an interim build and so you should not expect to have the same flexibility with it that would with a market release.  It’s for this same reason that we cannot release 5728 in all languages that Windows supports.

10. Nei says:

nwhite: Thank you for your reply. That is a pity, I wanted to try using Vista as a multi user computer where one user is Japanese and another one German.

11. starkwong says:

Hi!

I have been tried downloading the Japanese version of x86 Vista 5728 image for several times. However whatever which methods I used (Akamai Download Manager or Download Accelerators), the downloaded file is still corrupt (Tried 2 times using DL Manager and download speed drops to 0kb/s after 30 secs, When direct download, server delivers me a file of only 160Mb).

Is there a problem on server side or my ISP problem (I tried on several computers with same result)?

12. nwhite says:

Hi starkwong:  I’ve seen this problem before when the download servers are overloaded; I’d suggest trying your download again at another point in time, when hopefully the load will be lighter.

13. starkwong says:

Thanks for reply. Hope the download will not be removed too soon…

14. newscientist2000 says: