We are pleased to announce the public preview of Server Management tools, a set of web-based remote GUI tools that can be used to manage installations of Windows Server 2016 (now in technical preview). This is a free set of tools that allows you to manage the Windows servers in your datacenter or running in a VM in the cloud. Just log into the web-based portal in Azure using a browser from any Windows, Mac OS, or Linux PC – and begin managing your Windows servers remotely. The cloud makes remote server management so convenient. This approach is especially useful for managing headless deployment options such as Nano Server and Server Core.
Currently, the tools offer the following capabilities:
- View and change system configuration
- View performance across various resources and manage processes and services
- Manage devices attached to the server
- View event logs
- View the list of installed roles and features
- Use a PowerShell console to manage and automate
This is a preliminary set of tools that are required for basic server management. More tools will be added to the set in future releases. In fact, we hope you give this preview a try and let us know what features you’d like to see next.