We have all been moved by the seriousness of the situation in Japan and looking for ways to help wherever we can.
We have received urgent requests from customers in Japan for content on how to deal with power outages and disaster recovery issues. The Server and Cloud Divisin Information Experience Team, SCD iX has established a page on the TechNet wiki that contains links to our guidance on this subject.
Included in this page are links to content on:
· Procedures for backing up/restoring data
· Procedures for shutting down servers
· General disaster recovery guidance
· Information about migrating to Azure
The wiki page is being surfaced to customers via the following:
· The Windows Server Tech Centers have been updated to point to the wiki page:
§ 2008 R2: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb310558
§ 2003: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb512919
§ 2000: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb643141
· There is also a support page in Japan (http://support.microsoft.com/?ln=ja) that will point to the wiki page
Other teams at Microsoft are lining up localization resources to translate the wiki page into Japanese. We are also contacting the Windows Server community PMs to see if they know of additional content that would be helpful.
If you think you can help with this effort please join our Wiki and contribute.
We hope this content is helpful for everyone in need.
Senior Community Lead
Server and Cloud Division