I am happy to announce that Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Release Candidate is available for public review. You can find more information about this release here. Here is the list of what is currently available for public download:
- Update Package in English and German for 32-bit x86 and Itanium-Based Systems
- Update Package in German for x64 Editions
- SP2 ISO-9660 image in English for 32-bit x86
On the SP2 RC website, you will also find a technical overview which briefly covers the changes in SP2, system requirements, supported migration paths and SKU support matrix. Under Top 10 Reasons to Install SP2, we highlight the major value propositions of Service Pack 2 for Windows Server 2003 customers.
Remember that SP2 patches Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows XP x64 Edition.
Since we released Beta in June (which was not publicly available L ), we have been receiving very positive feedback on our quality. Well… I could not stop myself to post this Newsgroup thread:
- I know some people in here have had problems, but honestly, I'd forgotten that I'm even using SP2. It installs clean, it uninstalled clean, and it just does what I need it to do… it just works.
- Exactly so. No issues at all with the latest SP2 beta
- Pile me on the no issues list too. Working great.
- BYTW, I even tried to throw it a curve by installing IE7 then doing the SP2 upgrade. Worked fine. It seems fine with it. From my standpoint, Ship
- I'd love to report some really serious issues, but I haven't had even some minor ones.
- Installed and running smooth as silk here.
- Same here have not had issues on x86 and x64
- I have been disappointed in that I haven’t found a single flaw.
- Like many others here… I have encountered no issues at all on two test machines and in fact applying the service pack fixed some DNS server latency related issues I was having.
The press is already writing up SP2. So long story short, we are good to go! Come and get the RC, try it out and let us know what you think!
Kamil Bugra Rodoper
SP2 Program Manager