Want a simpler approach to managing Windows 10 devices? Attend our one-hour "Ask Microsoft Anything" (AMA) event on Tuesday, July 25th from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. Members of the Windows engineering and product teams will be on hand to answer your questions, listen to feedback, and share best practices around:
- Managing identity, devices, and applications for Windows 10 devices in the cloud.
- Transitioning from traditional, on-premise solutions (such as System Center Configuration Manager, Active Directory, and Group Policy) to streamlined, cloud-enabled services, such as:
- Microsoft Intune and Azure Active Directory (i.e. Enterprise Mobility + Security)
- Microsoft Store for Business
- Office 365
- Supporting "bring your own device" (BYOD) and "choose your own device" (CYOD) scenarios.
- Modern update management and Windows as a service.
How do I attend the Windows 10 management AMA?
At 9:00 a.m., we'll open the space for questions. To submit a question, you'll click "Start a new conversation"—and do this for each new question you have.
Note: You must be a member of Tech Community to post questions so, if you’re not yet a member, follow these easy steps to join:
- Visit http://aka.ms/community/Windows10 and click Sign In in the top right corner.
- Sign in with the account you want to use to participate in the community. You can use an organization account (Azure AD or Office 365) or a Microsoft account.
- Join the Windows 10 community, as well as any other communities that spark your interest.
- If you are using your Azure or Office 365 account to sign in, enter the organization ID (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) associated with your Azure or Office 365 account.
- Accept the Terms of Service and hit Submit.
- (Optional) Complete your profile. Click the avatar symbol in the top right corner and select My Settings – Complete Profile.
Pro tip: Make the Windows 10 management space a favorite now for easy access on the day of the event.
What exactly is modern management?
Modern management is about using a modern, cloud-based approach to manage Windows 10 devices of any form factor—PC, tablet, phone, HoloLens, Surface, Surface Hub, etc. It involves moving typical IT processes and solutions from on premises to the cloud; for example, to Windows Autopilot for provisioning, MDM for PC management, Windows Update for Business for servicing and Windows Analytics for reporting. It's also about providing users with the flexibility to use their own personal devices and be productive on those devices while also enabling IT to protect corporate assets and keep management costs low.
For a quick overview, watch this six-minute video and read Manage Windows 10 in your organization - transitioning to modern management.
Continue the conversation. Find best practices. Visit the Windows 10 Tech Community.
Looking for support? Visit the Windows 10 IT pro forums.