I'm happy to announce the availability of 10 new Windows 10 virtual labs so you can get hands-on experience with Windows as a service, Windows security technologies, and new deployment scenarios before you do a full-scale rollout in your organization. These labs have been specifically designed to address your feedback regarding top deployment blockers and how-to training on new Windows 10 features, such as Credential Guard.
Virtual labs let you try out Windows 10 setup, deployment, and management scenarios using a cloud-based private virtual machine environment. Each lab features a series of instructions, and access to one or more virtual machines, with no additional software or setup required—enabling you to jump right in and get started with common tasks and customizations.
Windows 10 deployment labs
- Deploy and manage Windows as a service
- Simplify Windows 10 deployment by using provisioning packages
- Upgrade in place to Windows 10 by using MDT and Configuration Manager
- Customize the Windows 10 Start menu and taskbar during deployment
- Set up Windows Store for Business to deploy apps in your enterprise
- Use Internet Explorer Enterprise Mode to fix compatibility issues
Windows 10 security labs
- Deploy Credential Guard
- Deploy Device Guard
- Deploy Windows Information Protection
- Enable and secure a remote workforce by joining Windows 10 to Azure Active Directory
For your convenience, we've created a single landing page for these labs on the Windows IT Center, available at https://aka.ms/w10virtuallabs.
We welcome your feedback
We'll be creating new labs, and updating existing ones, in the months to come to help you learn how to take advantage of new features and complete common deployment and management tasks. Let us know your thoughts on this first batch of labs—and let us know if there are any specific scenarios or features you'd like us to cover in future labs—by leaving a comment below.
Also, bookmark https://aka.ms/w10virtuallabs and check back monthly for new labs starting in April.