As we discussed a few short weeks ago, Windows 10 is available for businesses, and we are seeing the excitement over the release continuing to build. To support the adoption of Windows 10 within organizations, we have published a great deal of content to http://technet.microsoft.com/Windows10 to help organizations with their planning and deployment efforts, and we expect to publish more each week.
A large number of our customers also use the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP), a collection of management and security technologies available as a subscription for Software Assurance customers that helps maximize the benefits offered by Windows. We are pleased to announce that the latest release of these technologies, MDOP 2015, is now available for download for volume license customers (as well as on MSDN) with complete support for Windows 10. Here are just a few of the enhancements (in addition to Windows 10 support) you can expect in this latest release:
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 5.1 provides more advanced package editor capabilities, a new management console, improved App-V 4.0 package conversion, new support for multiple scripts per trigger, and more.
- Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM) 2.5 SP1 adds support for custom pre-boot recovery message and URL (a new Windows 10 feature), encrypted hard drives, used space only encryption, new imaging scripts, importing volume recovery and TPM owner information from Active Directory, and more.
- Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) 2.1 SP1 now roams network printers, adds awareness for cloud synchronization already being performed by Windows or Office 365, and roams taskbar settings between Windows 10 devices.
- Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM) 4.0 SP3 adds PowerShell support to automate several administrative tasks that previously could only be done through the UI.
- Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT) 10 adds supports the ADK for Windows 10 and Windows PE 10, enabling all existing DaRT features to work with Windows 10.
To learn more about MDOP, check out the complete materials available on TechNet.
Additionally, here are some other items of interest to all organizations working with Windows 10:
- Updated Group Policy administrative templates (ADMX files) and details on new settings that are available in Windows 10 are available for download. For details on how to use these new templates, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3087759.
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager support Windows 10 management and deployment with their latest updates. For more information, see the Configuration Manager Team blog.
- Full support for Azure Active Directory with automatic MDM enrollment is now available, as discussed on the Azure Active Directory team blog.
- Stay tuned to the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit team’s blog for news on the MDT 2013 Update 1 release, coming soon. And rest assured, the Remote Server Administration Tools will be available soon too.
We look forward to hearing more stories about your Windows 10 experiences from you and your organizations as you upgrade your world.